Heeee-larious! I was listening to the radio a couple of days again and Tony Tuscano, a movie critic, was on talking about some upcoming films. They got on the topic of a couple of the chic flick movies that will be coming out just in time for Valentine's Day, etc. when all of a sudden he says, "I am starting a crusade to stamp out VD." I must say that the first thing that came to mind was a certain STD, but after a minute or two I realized he was talking about Valentine's Day. Maybe it was just the mood I was in or something, but I laughed my head off.
Some of you out there reading this might LOVE (no pun intended) February 14th, but for others of us.....not so much.
In the world of singles, it is a SAD (Single Awareness Day) holiday. There is nothing inherently wrong with this day, but I don't like being reminded that for the 32nd year in a row I don't have a boy to buy me flowers, take me to dinner, or even simply give me kiss or even one made of chocolate. I am reminded enough as it is, I don't need a day set aside specifically to highlight this fact.
Here's hoping that one day, I will have reason to be a fan of this holiday!
(oooo, I do love those conversation hearts though.....yummy!) Ü
3 comments:
I absolutely love it. To be quite honest, even though I am married. We don't celebrate it. Jeff and I think it is a really weird holiday. It is just another excuse to get a gift or have to spend money! So, we would not mind for it the holiday to be gone!
Keep smiling Trish!
Caleb and I don't do much either. :) Caleb "doesn't believe" in it, says Hallmark made it up. Probably true. We'll be eating pizza and possibly watching Mark and Bridgette's kid for them. :)
If nothing else, it's a great excuse to eat some really great chocolate and goodies! Love ya'!
Post a Comment