been a long 5 months.I live in a condo, and Memorial Day weekend is also when the pool opens. There is not much that I enjoy more than laying out by the pool with a good book, so I have been VERY excited for this coming weekend. I even purchased a new pool lounger. (Wow! doesn't that look fun! However, my abs don't quite look like that Ü ).
It FINALLY started to warm up. We had our hottest day of the year last week and made it to a wopping 94 degrees! After seeing the forecast for Memorial Day weekend, let me just say that Mother Nature and I are not exactly on speaking terms right now. I am not very happy with her. Last weekend should have been 60's and rainy and this weekend was supposed to be in the 90's.
Apparently there is a communication problem in our relationship. Maybe we could use some counseling???
Apparently there is a communication problem in our relationship. Maybe we could use some counseling???
A couple of days ago the forecast for Monday was 66 degrees and rain, but each day the forecasted temperature has gone up about 1 degree and the rain drop has disappeared! It is not fabulous, but at least it appears to be going in the right direction so I won't complain.
As of last night we are at 74 and holding.
Another reason that I am excited for Memorial Day weekend is that the French Open begins.
I totally understand that many find watching tennis as boring as I find watching golf, but I could watch tennis all day long, and unless you have the Tennis Channel (which I am told is not even offered through any package with Comcast) the 4 Grand Slams (Australian Open, French Open, Wimbledon & US Open) are almost the only time one can catch any tennis action on the "tube." I wish the USA had some fabulous Americans to cheer for, but until then, I will still enjoying watching everyone else.
Hope you all have a fabulous Memorial Day weekend!
2 comments:
I am right there with you on Memorial Day fun. I wish I could enjoy a good book at the pool but you know life gets in the way . . .mainly Jeff's birthday!
We should do a tennis championship party . . .I absolutely love watching the tennis matches and look forward to it every year!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Holy Crap Trisha...It's me Amy Belnap Barton, I found you off of Lara's blog...You look great and I love your blog...Real Fancy.
amy
Post a Comment