Saturday, August 9, 2008

FINALLY FREE

I just ended a 1 1/2 year abusive relationship. It was time to get out!

Although you probably wouldn't know it by looking at me, but for the past year and a half I have been working out with a personal trainer. He started out torturing me twice a week and then due to his schedule we cut back to once a week, but last Saturday was my last day of working out with STEVE.
Today was the first day of my freedom. The first Saturday in a long time that I have not had to wake up early to be tortured at the gym.
Steve and I have had a love/hate relationship. There is something about feeling good having gotten in a great workout, but then the next day or two when I wake up and can not move, I begin rethinking why I decided it was a good idea to pay someone to torture me.
We would rotate different workouts......legs, back/biceps, chest/triceps sometimes throwing in random full or upper body w/abs in there. Leg days were always my least favorite. Some of you probably even witnessed me displaying what I call the "pregnant cowboy" walk that resulted from a bunch of swats, walking lunges and other leg torturing exercises. I looked pretty funny trying to negotiate stairs, especially coming down them.

While I plan on continuing to frequent the gym, I will no longer have anyone waiting there to torture me. YAY!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

T, Good for you! Your better off with out him! Go girl! Miss you like crazy. Hopefully we will see each other over Labor Day! Love, Ang

Anonymous said...

The pregnant cowboy walk title made me laugh so hard my beverage came out my nose. Having witnessed this unique yet painful looking saunter, the new title seriously cracked me up. Enjoy your freedom from Steve.
Amy R

todd and jeanette said...

i am so jealous that you are going on a mediterranean cruise! how many cruises is that for you now? :) nice to catch up- thanks for the blog info.

Taylor's said...

You crack me up especially the "pregnancy cowboy"!

Glad to see you are going to do it on your own!

Good luck!

Amy B. said...

You are so funny...I hated being the pregnant cowboy...