Saturday, December 11, 2010

. . . THE FESTIVAL OF TREES . . .

I went to the Festival of Trees this year for the first time in I don't know how long. The last time I remember attending, the Festival was being held at the Salt Palace (BEFORE my family moved to Richfield in 1989 and WAY before the remodel).
Each year I like to have a "project" and this year I decided that because of ALL of my time spent at Primary Children's Medical Center as a "chemo kid," I would donate something to be sold at the Festival of Trees to benefit PCMC. Here are pictures of some of the scarves I knitted and donated.















Among the other displays, I loved all of the trees. There was something for everyone. Here are some of my faves.

Cookie Monster was VERY Cute. You needed to see all the things surrounding the tree to get the full effect.

It is hard to tell in this picture, but this tree was called, "It's All About Time" and the tree was surrounded by and covered with all sorts of time pieces.

This is another one that was so much more fabulous in person than in this picture. It was 3 trees that made up a big surfing wave.


There was one row of trees where all of the holidays were represented. I took a picture of just a few.......Easter, 4th of July and Halloween.



Although I do bleed RED, I am not a BYU hater. I did love that the "U" was well represented in the trees and even one of the gingerbread houses, but two of my favorite trees were split down the middle and decorated with BYU on one side and U of U on the other side. One was called "FAMILY FEUD" and the other was called "A HOUSE DIVIDED."





























Then, of course, there had to be a Twilight
tree and a Harry Potter tree.















People are soooo creative. That is one talent that I really don't have.

2 comments:

Debra and Ryan said...

Thanks for posting! I wasn't able to go to the festival of trees, but I felt like I was there.

Angela said...

We all loved looking at the trees! Dallin's favorite was of course the Harry Potter and U of U trees! Great for you doing all those beautiful scarves - the represent a lot of time and LOVE!