Although I have no aspirations to become the President of the United States or even the Governor, this week I was officially elected to my first public office "of the people, by the people and for the people."
This January marked 8 years that I have lived in my condo. There have been many years in the past when I was encouraged to serve on the HOA (Home Owner's Association) Board. There were always several reasons that I shied away from this in the past. This year 4 of the 5 spots needed to be filled and when trying to get a list of nominees, no one was volunteering. I was given, what he called a "loving push," by one of the outgoing board members (and good friend) that has already served several terms. I don't know what finally made me do it, but I told them I would run. The night ended with 4 nominees for the 4 positions. Later 3 more people decided to run, but on the night of the vote, I ended up being on of the 4 out of the 7 that was elected. The new board then decided which position each board member would fill. I was appointed to serve as the Treasurer.
I think it will actually be good. I think that the other members will be great to work with. We have just changed Management companies which I think will make things a lot better as well.
4 comments:
Way to go TREASURER! I can't think of a better person the job! Congrats!
AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That last comment was from your nephew Dallin!
Wow...congrats on the launch of your political career. I've gotten myself roped into being the PTA Treasurer this next year...so we can swap notes ;) I hope to see Terra tomorrow, so I'll ask her about a day to get together...it would be great to catch up! Hugs!
Post a Comment