As much as I would love to be married, staying home raising children, doing what I always thought I would be doing at 37, I am happy living the single life.
With that said.....I do have those days when I get frustrated that my life has not turned out the way I imagined it would as a 10 year old child. Days that the "grass" seems MUCH greener on "the other side," or at least a change in color....something different. Days when friends announce they are engaged and it seems like my pool of single friends is getting smaller and smaller. Days when friends announce they are expecting #1, #3 or even #5 and I realize that I have A LOT of catching up to do. Days that I would love to have a permanent "+1," or "and guest" to accompany me to a certain party/event/function and don't have to always show up to everything alone or as a 3rd wheel.
I saw this list of "24 Things Single People of Tired of Hearing" posted on Facebook and totally identified with it. To quote #7, some of these just "make we want to weep and then die," but mostly just laugh....depending on the day.
1. “How are you still single? You’re so great.”

6. “You should try online dating. My friend met their husband/wife that way.”

14. “Just don’t turn into some crazy cat lady.”

NBC
16. At a wedding: “You better get out there, they’re doing the bouquet toss.”

19. In reference to your best friend: “Have you guys ever thought of dating?”

20. “I can’t wait to meet your future spouse, they are going to be amazing.”

21. “We’ll all be laughing about this someday.”

22. “You should let me set you up, I know the perfect person for you.”

23. “Don’t give up, it’ll happen.”

24. “You don’t need anyone.” DAMN RIGHT!















No comments:
Post a Comment