Monday, July 30, 2007

IDAHO HAS MORE THAN JUST POTATOES

Thursday night my mom and I took off and headed north. In December my sister, Angela, and her family moved to Idaho Falls. I had not been up there to visit her yet so my mom and I were going up to spend the weekend.

They have a brand new, beautiful home and 3 of the cutest kids ever. We had a really good time except for the fact that Angela and Dallin were not feeling well most of the time.

My mom and I got there late Thursday night. Friday we packed picnic lunches and went over to the falls (which I just learned are actually a hydroelectric power generator) by the temple. There are grassy areas and picnic tables all around the falls. After lunch we got to have snowcones. Tigersblood is my favorite. YUM!! (It reminds me riding my bike with my dad and sisters over to the Shopko parking lot in Sandy for snowcones). After lunch we went to feed the canadian geese. The kids loved that but we all ended up with duck poop all over our shoes.

Saturday my mom and I took Dallin and Jesika to the Tautphaus Zoo where we saw the baby penguins, watched an Animal Encounters show "around the world in 20 minutes where they told us about a lot of animals from around the world. After the show, the kids were able to touch the different animals and have their pictures taken. Then we went to lunch at McDonald's and then went back to our hotel to take the kids swimming.

Sunday I went to church with Tom and Jesika while my mom stayed home with Angela, Dallin and Bridger. Then our little Idahoan adventure came to an end and it is back to life in the real world.

2 comments:

Kimba said...

I love all of your fun little weekend adventures! And who DOESN'T love snowcones?! Sounds like fun Trish!

Alicia said...

OK, so how are you so stinkin' cute? Can you teach me how to run this crazy 'world of blog' sometime? You seem to have it down to an art! Great seeing you on Tuesday! Thanks for the pics!
Hugs!