I was invited to go to breakfast with some friends this morning.
We went to the Golden Corral and it was a first for me. I must say I was pleasantly surprised and Kristian and Aly even paid. (Kristian is my 3rd cousin and I went to elementary school with him. Then they have been in my ward and I was Aly's visiting teacher for about a year).
We went to the Golden Corral and it was a first for me. I must say I was pleasantly surprised and Kristian and Aly even paid. (Kristian is my 3rd cousin and I went to elementary school with him. Then they have been in my ward and I was Aly's visiting teacher for about a year). Upon arriving home from breakfast I found my two neighbor girls outside playing in the snow. Mikaela and Samantha are two of the cutest girls and it has been a LONG time since I have "played" in the snow, so I asked if I could join them.
I decided that I needed to go put my snowpants on so that I could actually sit in the snow and really "play." I just bought new snowpants and gloves and was excited to use them for the first
time. (I am hoping to maybe get up on the slopes this season for the first time in 12 years so I wanted to be prepared).
time. (I am hoping to maybe get up on the slopes this season for the first time in 12 years so I wanted to be prepared). They had red plastic cups and were building a "snowhouse." Like a sandcastle, but with snow. I kept calling it a snowcastle, but was corrected several times, it was a "snowhouse." It was a 3 story snowhouse and was quite fabulous if I do say so myself. I am sad I didn't get a picture. Although there is room for improvement with our technique and we probably won't be winning any snow sculpture contests in the near future, we had a lot of fun. I realized that I need to play in the snow more often. We were then going to build a snowman and a snowwoman, but mom said it was lunchtime for the girls and then Sam had to take a nap. That will have to be our next snow building project. I will try to get a picture next time. Maybe there will be enough snow in Richfield to build something over Christmas with my nieces and nephews. I will pack my snowpants!
No comments:
Post a Comment