Christmas is a lot different when no children are around. We slept in on Christmas morning, woke up and had a nice breakfast, then got around to opening gifts around noon. I scored big time with presents including a couple new coats, 2 new pairs of gloves, slippers, 6 new perfumes, a new stainless steel toaster.
On the 26th, I stayed in Richfield while my parents traveled to SLC to pick up my sister Laura and her 3 kids (Albrechts) who had just flown in from Oklahoma. My youngest sister, Debra, and her husband arrived that evening in Richfield and my parents and the Albrechts got arrived around 8:30, just in time for all of the kids to go to bed.
We had a nice day on Thursday and then on Friday the Maddocks (my oldest sister and her family) showed up in Richfield. (They were supposed to come a day earlier, but the kids were not feeling well). We played the "7-11 game" (see 7-11 game post), always a highlight, decorated sugar cookies.
We watched the movie "STARDUST" which I thought was a huge waste of time!!! It will probably make my "worst movies list." VERY STRANGE in my opinion. Everyone else really liked it. "To each their own."
I knitted a couple of scarfs for me and then one or two of my nieces. They turned out very cute if I do say so myself.
Ryan (Debra's husband) left on Friday to go see his brother before he left
town, but Debra stayed and drove back with my on Sunday.

Here's to a fabulous 2008 for all of you!
1 comment:
Sooo fun! I love the pictures. Your parents are looking younger and younger each time I see them!
Glad to hear you and your family were able to get together and have fun!
Post a Comment