Friday, December 12, 2008

TEN YEAR.......NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH TENURE

When I arrived home from my mission my sister was working at an Engineering Firm in downtown Salt Lake City. She got me hired on to work there part-time as her assistant while I finished up school at the University of Utah. She quit when she had her first child and I basically took over as the "accounting department." In March I will have been with the company for 10-years!
We had our company Christmas Party tonight at the Little America Hotel downtown. Those employees that are coming up a 10-year anniversary get a watch at the party. It is engraved on the back.
DOMINION ENGINEERING
10 YEARS
TRISHA JORDAN
I feel so spoiled. Not only did I score myself a really nice watch, but they also gave out Costco Cash giftcards.
I feel so blessed to have such a great job, especially right now where there are so many who are out of work.
Along with having a great job, I work with some great people.
My four bosses (the partners) are fantastic and have been great to work for. Among many other perks, I never really have to ask for time off. I basically just tell them when I will be gone and as long as I get my work done, they don't care.

Karen, the receptionist, and I are the only females in the office, but we work with 25 other great guys. About once week we get a group together and go out to eat. We call it the "lunch bus." Karen is great to stay at the office and answer phones while I go out with the boys.

9 comments:

Taylor's said...

Congrats! What a great job and you are right what a blessing in times like this.

Deidra said...

Way to go! You've got a great gig going there. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

It's fun to finally see their faces! Congratulations! I'm sure they couldn't live without you!
See ya soon! Laura

Debra and Ryan said...

Nice watch!! I am glad that you have nice bosses that will give you time off for Christmas. I can't wait to be in Richfield with you! I used to have that kind of job when I could get time off whenever I wanted. Now I have a real job, and it is tough to get time off. I wish could have a longer Christmas break. You do have a pretty great job. You even have a corner office with a view(of the freeway! Debra

Mike and Alleen said...

Sounds like the perfect job! Congrats on 10 years--that is quite an accomplishment! It is nice to have job security with the way things are.

Scullerina said...

Congrats on the new watch. That is fancy and I think you need one because I see in the red shirt photo you aren't wearing one :)

Unknown said...

Seeing those pictures of Fred, Corbin, Dan and Farley made me miss my Dominion days. What a terrific group of men to work for! Congratulations on your 10 year mark soon approaching. I can't wait to see the watch what a terrific idea for a gift. I also miss those great office parties. The best days there for me though were March to May 1999 working with you!

Trisha said...

Yes, I am lucky to work with and for a great group of guys. As far as jobs go, it is a pretty good gig. I loved working with you too. You worked there until 2001 though didn't you.....right before you had Jeep, oh, I mean Dallin?

Emily said...

Congrats. That is amazing to have been with a company that long. Sounds like they are good to you. They are lucky to have a dedicated girl like you.