Saturday, February 21, 2009

I'VE GOT PEOPLE

It's February 21st and my taxes are done and filed!!
This is not meant to be any kind of advertisement, but I have come to the conclusion that there are some things in life that I think are worth paying extra money for......one of these being taxes.
People find it strange that I graduated from U of U with a degree in Accounting, but that I don't do my own taxes. I have done mine in the past, and they are really not that difficult or complicated, but when I do them, they end up taking me much longer than they should. I spend quite a bit of time just to make sure that I am plugging in all of the right numbers. Then after doing this I check my math several times. Then after checking my math I start to question whether or not I entered the correct numbers in the first place. So I usually end up starting all over just to make sure that the numbers I initally entered were correct. Yes, I realize this is strange, somewhat obsessive/compulsive behavior. Maybe I need some professional help. A few years ago I found a great lady that I love at H & R block and in 30 minutes my taxes are done and filed and I don't have to even think about them again for a year. All I have to think about now is how I am going to spend my refund.
Speaking of tax refunds......I know several people that try to figure out how to break even on their taxes because they "don't want the government making interest on their money." Personally, I LOVE getting a nice tax refund and thinking about all of the fun ways I could spend it. I could go on a trip, use it for some upgrades on my condo, buy me a new bedroom set, etc. In reality, I will probably pay off my car with this years refund. Sound exciting, I know, but for me this is exciting. I love not having a car payment and driving around in a car that I know has been paid-off.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good for you having your taxes done! We still have ours to do. I hope you can pay off your car. That would be great!