Saturday, April 25, 2009

MORE ON COMMON SENSE

.....or morons with no common sense.

Maybe this post doesn't have as much to do with common sense as just an observation of the "changing of the times."

One day I might say to my children (if I ever have any, but we'll save that one for a whole separate post), that when I was a child, people could actually do math......without a calculator. Yes, can you believe it!

I love the strange looks I get when I go to check out at a store and my purchase comes to $16.53 but I hand the clerk $22.03 so that I can get $5.50 back. I don't like pennies and I don't like $1's. So I can get rid of some of these and not get any back as change.
However, this really confuses this new generation of kids. They always try to give me back the $2 and just use the $20. All they have to do is punch the number into the cash register and it does the math for them. It tells them exactly how much they should give me back.
Maybe I am the strange one here, and nobody else does this. I don't know??
People don't count money back to you anymore either. They just hand it to you, and half the time you have to pick up your own change out of that dispenser shoot. Maybe they don't know how to count back change or maybe it is just laziness.

2 comments:

Lara said...

I have had the same thing happen to me. I give them my cash and they look at me like I am retarded. And no one ever counts back change, but I love it when they do.

Ann Marie said...

I've had this happen too...a lot! And the answer is...they don't know how to count back change. Sad, isn't?