Friday, May 29, 2009

A HOOVER'S VIRGIN

I spent Memorial Day weekend with in Richfield with my parents. Our original plan was to spend Saturday at Bryce Canyon, but due to "inclement weather" we changed to plan B which was to just be lazy and not do much of anything while listening to the rain.
However, my mom had been craving a hamburger from HOOVER's in Marysvale, UT. She has never really been a big fan of red meat, so when I heard that SHE was craving a hamburger, I knew they must really be good. We drove over there for a burger and some "hoover fries" (homemade fries) and I have to say that they are THE BEST HAMBURGERS IN UTAH, maybe even the world. (sorry for any "Five Guys" or "In 'N Out" fans).

On Monday, it had stopped raining and had cleared off, so we decided to head back down to Marysvale. They have a bike/walking trail that parallels the Sevier River. My dad took his bike and my mom and I walked the 6.63 miles. (Yep, I want credit for even the .63) My dad rode past us a couple of times and brought us water. The weather was perfect. It would get a little bit warm and then the sun would go behind the clouds and there would be a nice breeze for a minute or two. The scenery of Big Rock Candy Mountain is beautiful and listening to the rushing river was nice. So other than a couple of blisters it was great. My dad had picked up the truck and met us at the end of the trail.

After burning all of those calories and working up an appetite, we went back to HOOVERS. Although my mom and I split a hamburger and fries, we probably cancelled out all of the calories that we had just burned, but it was worth it!!! YUM.
How I have never known about or been to HOOVERS in the past, I don't know???

7 comments:

Lara said...

How fun! I will have to take Kirk there the next time we are down. Did you get yourself a t-shirt? :)

Trisha said...

I don't think they sell t-shirts, or I didn't ask. That is just what the waiters/waitresses were wearing.
I will have to look into it though.

Suzanne said...

Love the post on morons...why don't people count back our change?...seriously. And loved the post on plastic bags.

I have a lot of catching up to do on your cool blog. You are now listed on my blog so I know when yours is updated :)
I must know where Hoovers is. I'm always up for an awesome hamburger...and yes I'm an In-n-Out junky. How far is Hoovers from I-15?

Trisha said...

Suzanne...you are sweet. My blog really isn't that exciting. As for Hoovers....it is in Marysvale, UT (or just outside). Probably not to convenient from I-15. You would probably take I-70 EAST south of Fillmore and then connect to Hwy 89. Probably 30 minutes or so???

Deidra said...

How have I never heard of Maryville? My whole fam was down south camping in the nice rain that weekend! Nice that you got to say in and relax and eat burgers!

Emily said...

I've never been there myself, but I hear they are good. I'll have to give it a try sometime.

Glad you had a good weekend at home. Good job on the 6.63 miles. I'm impressed.

Hanson's said...

I need that t-shirt. That sounds really nummy.