Okay, so for anyone who cares or has been watching (Debra)...For two Saturdays I was out of town and did not weigh myself, hence....no posting of gains or losses. Then this past Saturday, I came out exactly the same as I was 3 weeks earlier. I suppose this isn't bad, but it isn't good either considering I am on a quest to shed some pounds.
So this last weekend I was reading a PEOPLE magazine that had an article in it about Kirstie Alley*. The article talked about how much weight she has lost as the spokeswoman for Jenny Craig, but that now she has gained it all back plus some and she is determined to lose it all again.
I often feel like this is what I do.....I do really good on eating well and exercising and get rid of some of my weight, only to slack off a bit and and gain it all back and some.
After reading this article AND seeing some of the pictures of me from our recent family vacation (where I look like a potential candidate for The Biggest Loser) I really NEED to stick to it this time. So once again....I am re-dedicating myself to this goal.
*No disrespect to Kirstie Alley was meant by this post. (It could have been Oprah, or any of the millions of people who struggle with this). She just happened to be the topic of the article I read. In fact, she is part of my motivation. If that lady can gain 85 lbs. and then take it off, why can't I lose 1/2 that amount. Also...how horrible would it be to have your weight loss challenges documented & advertised nationwide (including pictures)!
3 comments:
Hey T,
I LOVE the new blog template, very cute.
You make me laugh with you references to biggest loser and Kirstie A. Believe me, you are way too hard on yourself but I can totally identify with your frustrations. I know what I need to do to lose a few lbs. but can't seem to get with the program. So frustrating.
You are hilarious, a Kirstie Allie?!?! I totally feel the same way and I do the same thing. I wish it was different.
How dare you compare yourself to Kristie Alley! You are so much cooler and you have way more self control. Just hop back on the band wagon and get going!! I will be checking up on you.
Post a Comment