Wednesday, August 19, 2009

TODAY I LOST A GOOD FRIEND

A very good friend of mine died today. There was hardly a day that the two of us did not spend time together. This great friend loved me for who I was not for what I look like.....even if I was having a bad hair day. (Actually, on those bad hair days, I think he was partly to blame.
Okay.....so it was just my hair dryer, but still. This thing was a goer!
I could be wrong, but i think I purchased him (yes, it's a "him." ) just after my mission which was.....well, let's just say, OVER 10 years ago. One reason that I bought this particular hair dryer was a fancy little sensor that you could turn on or off (and it was RED). If you slid the lever down exposing the sensor the dryer would only work if your hand was over it......thus allowing one to dry a small section of hair, set down the dryer on the counter and it would stop without turning it on and off, then when you got the next piece of hair ready and picked it back up and your hand was covering the sensor it would start again.
I didn't always use the sensor and there were several day where I didn't notice that I have moved the switch and my hair dryer would just quit. I kept thinking.....this is it.....I have had this hair dryer forever. It was bound to happen. Then I would notice it was just the switch.
Well, it died for real this morning. Luckily I had a back up. I have a bag full of everything I need to get ready (with the exception of my make-up, because that can get old) that I use when I go out of town. That way I don't ever have to wait until my hair is done, etc. to finish packing my bathroom bag and worry about forgetting something that could be very important in my "getting ready" process.
I will be off this weekend to shop for a replacement.
**Does a posting about a dead hair dryer give you a even a tiny glimpse of how incredibly exciting my life really is? (sarcasm intended, in case you didn't catch that).

1 comment:

Taylor's said...

Oh man that sounds like on incredible hair dryer!

My Mom used a blue hair dryer under David's bed when he was a baby to get him to go to sleep and you know what . . . . it still works - David actually has it!