Sunday, October 25, 2009

MISSION FRIENDS

One of the blessings that has come into my life because of my decision to serve a mission is the many friends that I made in the MTC and while in Brazil. Although I do not keep in touch with everyone, I love any chance I have to get together with anyone from the mission and reminisce about that time in my life.

A couple of weeks ago, 6 of us met for breakfast. It is great that even though we are all so different and are all at different places in our lives we get a long so well and have so much fun together.
I also just went to dinner at TUCANOS with one of my companions. At least once a year we meet for dinner at a Brazilian Churrasco to speak a little portuguese, eat our weight in food (have you been to one of these places?), reminisce about mission memories and catch up on the "goings-on" in each others lives.

As you can tell from these pictures, the last thing I should be doing is eating at a Brazilian Churrascaria, but it is only once a year, right?


Thanks "sisters." I love you all.

2 comments:

Amy B. said...

I love love love Toucanos...unfortunately, my wallet does not!

Angela said...

T, Next time I see you, you will have to tell me who all these sisters are! Great pictures!