Sunday, October 25, 2009

MORE MISSION MEMORIES.......

Today was my cousin's missionary farewell. She leaves on Wednesday for the MTC and then she will be off to San Diego/Mormom Battalion Visitor's Center. This along with the events from my previous post has caused me to look back on my mission and those 18 months of my life.

There are many things that I don't miss about those days, but I do miss feeling the spirit so strong 24 hours a day/7 days a week, having the time scheduled out to give my full attention to studying the gospel, and having a 100% focus on the gospel, etc.

Lindsay's talk was fabulous!! (I am always jealous of people that are such eloquent speakers/teachers). I have had LOTS of practice and even though they say it gets easier with practice, speaking in public/giving a lesson still makes me nervous and that makes me sooo mad! --not fair--

While I am on the topic of "not fair," . . . . . . . . I hate every picture I have of me on my mission. For starters....I don't think I am the most photogenic person, then add, hair does not cooperate with the humidity, shoes/clothes/everything grows mold in Brazil, my wardrobe was made up of the "frumpy missionary jumpers" with Doc Martins (the standard missionary uniform before the movement to change the "sister missionary" image). I bet all of her pictures will be fabulous! She also won't have to deal with any of the wonderful issues of a 3rd world country.

Don't get me wrong....I loved Brazil and know that I was called to that mission for a reason. I grew and learned so much from that experience and am really excited for Lindsay's adventure.

4 comments:

Angela said...

Fun to see a picture of you and Lindz! I am glad you could go and represent all of us who wanted to be there!

Debra and Ryan said...

Oh T... You are funny. It doesn't matter what your hair looked like on your mission! At least you went on a mission, that is what matters. I wish I could have been there.

Lara said...

I totally know what you mean about missionary pictures. I think another part of the problem for me was I didn't try very hard to look nice. I should have put a little more effort into that.

Hanson's said...

I don't know what you are talking about. You look great in all of the pictures I have of you. (Mine are all in a dark box somewhere!)