Monday, November 2, 2009

MY PERCEPTION OF THE PROVERBIAL "WAGON"

Tonight I was going through all of the pictures on my computer and burning them to CDs so that I can free up some space on my computer. After looking at hundreds of pictures of me in such a small time frame, I was disgusted with what I saw. This got me thinking about really focusing on and conquering this weight that I have been trying to get rid of for a long time now.
A while back I mentioned the website sparkpeople.com that I have been using for a couple of months. They have message boards where people can ask questions, post success stories, help motivate, etc. There have been a lot of posts lately of people "falling off the wagon" and wanting to get back on. This, along with tonight's pictures staring me in the face, got me thinking. The following is something I posted on sparkpeople.

Until recently, I thought of the proverbial "wagon," that everyone [myself included] keeps falling off of, as my worst enemy. While on the wagon I could not eat whatever I wanted, eat however much I wanted, be lazy, I had to exercise which I thought of as torture, etc. Why would I want to ride that? It just made me miserable. In fact, I often found myself standing so close to the side of "the wagon" just hoping there would be a little bump that would knock me off and help me to rationalize my fall. (It is my birthday, Thanksgiving, Christmas, I have been really good so I deserve this, or whatever. I will get back on and start being good tomorrow).

I have recently changed the way that I look at "the wagon." Now "on the wagon" is where I want to be. The wagon is not a bad thing. It is what will help me [and you] to feel better, become healthy, and more attractive. Who doesn't want that??? It is hard to reach your destination if you are not on "the wagon." Yes it will take work and it might be a slow ride at certain points along the road, but the results are 150% worth it. So I say to myself [and to everyone]... hop on that wagon, stay away from the edges (temptations), hang on and enjoy the ride. When those bumps come along, nothing will be able to knock you off.
If you do fall off just get back on. Ü

1 comment:

Lara said...

Love it Trish, I needed some motivation, you are awesome!