(This cartoon is kind of small (stretching it just made it blurry), but I thought it was hilarious).Maybe you have noticed as well, but I think these rebate people are getting more and more sneaky.
For starters.....rebates are sneaky to begin with. Companies lure you into buying something with the notion that you are getting a fabulous deal because of the great rebate that is offered. It may very well be a great deal if you want to take the time to jump through all of the "rebate hoops" and actually send it in. But I bet there are MANY who forget them, lose them, or simply just never get around to filling out all of the forms and sending them in.
For years I have been buying my contacts from my doctor's office and there is always a rebate to send into to ACUVUE. I have never had any problems with their rebates and always recieve my rebate check very quickly. However, this year I did not receive a check. Apparently, the new rebate tactic is pre-paid VISA cards. I had heard that Verizon has started doing this, but this was the one that I had received.
I would definitely prefer to go to the bank and get my $100 cash, but regardless I will make sure I use the full $100 on my card. Heck, I can blow through that in one purchase. I think these companies are planning on people losing the cards before they have used all the money or forgetting they have them until after they expire (mine expires after a year). It also came with some limitations. You can't use them for cash advances at an ATM, your can't "pay-at-the-pump" at gas stations (the clerk has to run the card inside for gasoline purchases), etc.
If you have direct deposit and never go to the bank it maybe you would prefer this method, but I just think it is a way to be sneaky and try to prevent people from receiving their full rebates.
1 comment:
Hi Trisha,
just wanted to let you know you can take that VISA card to your bank and put all the money into your checking account or where ever you want it, I just did that with my Verizon rebate! Good to be in contact with you after all these years! You look great!
Post a Comment