Over Thanksgiving, my family went on a few small hikes and it was sad that I was getting winded and my 60 year old father was running around scaling rocks like he was in high school. My dad is amazing! He still runs almost everyday. I don't know how he can get out of bed at 6 am to go and run in the freezing cold. Crazy man!
I love watching "The Biggest Loser" and am always amazed at how much those very overweight contestants can do. I have always said that if I were ever on that show (I am not quite there yet)I would pick Bob over Jillian to be my trainer because I think Jillian would make me cry. She does know how to get results though.
I just checked this DVD out at the library thinking that if I really like it I might buy it. I figure that I can handle Jillian on a DVD. If she makes me want to cry, I can just turn her off.It has 3 - 20 minute workouts on it. Level 1-2-3 of circuit training (weights, cardio & abs). It claims you can "lose up to 20 pounds in 30 days. I would be thrilled to lose 10 or even 5 lbs. so I thought I would give it a try.
Last night was day #1. I know that I am out of shape, but how hard can 20 minutes be?? WOW was I surprised!! This workout kicked my butt!!! I usually don't start feeling sore for 48 hours, but I am already feeling it and am wondering how I am going to be able to do it again tonight. I do love that feeling though.
I think that most of the exercise videos work and will produce results, but the key is to do them and be consistent. This is my problem. They don't do any good just sitting on the shelf.
1 comment:
I may have to check that out. I could handle Jillian on DVD too:) Now all they need is a DVD on what to eat.
Post a Comment