Friday, December 11, 2009

WHAT'S IN A NAME?....

....that which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet....

My last car was named "REMINGTON," (Remmy for short), but when I bought my new car, I never could come up with the "right" name for my new ride. I knew it was a "him," and that "he" needed a very dignified, British or Royal sounding name. I considered several, but in the end, came up with nothin'.

I forgot about it and thought nothing more on the matter until a friend just got a new car and announced what she had named it. It was then that I realized that my car has now been nameless for 1 1/2 years........until today.
I have heard about parents leaving the hospital and have still not decided on a name for their new baby, but 1 1/2 years? Come on. That is ridiculous.
Okay, I realize that I might be the ridiculous one thinking that a car really needs a name. They don't, but single girls with no husband, bf, or kidlets apparently find other random things to preoccupy themselves with.
So it is now official. I have decided on EDMOND. After picking this name, I was pleasantly surprised to learn it's meaning.

Origin of the name Edmond: Derived from the Old English Eadmund (wealthy protection) ,a compound name composed of the elements ēad (prosperity, fortune, riches) and gar (a spear): hence, "spear of prosperity."

So there you have it. Was that really reaching for a some new blog post material, or what?

1 comment:

Anderson Family said...

love the name Trish, Hey I need your address so I can send you a Christmas Card?