Saturday, January 16, 2010

THE HOLIDAYS - 2009

I know that this post is a little bit late, but "better late than never," right?
I spent about 10 days in Richfield with my parents over the holidays. It was such a nice break although I am paying for it now that I am back at work. It was just me and my parents for a couple of days, but all of my sisters and their families did make an appearance and we were ALL together for a couple of days with the exception of Laura's husband who had to stay in Oklahoma.
Nothing too exciting, but we played some games (including the Wii), watched some movies and the whole entire fam even went bowling. It had been a while since I had been down to JORGENSEN LANES. Man how the memories came flooding back. I never was a very good bowler and was joking that I usually don't score over 50.....my score was 49. Maybe that was self-fulfilling prophecy. I will practice up with the wii and I am sure I will be a pro in no time.


It was soooo fun to spend so much time with my nieces and nephews They are soooo darn cute and funny. I hate that they live so far away and that I only see them a couple of times a year. They are all growing up soooo fast. After checking my shoes for any height advantage, Dallin keeps telling me every time he sees me that he is going to be taller than me the next time he sees me. I keep convincing him that I am still taller than him (only by about 2 inches...Yikes) and that he will never pass me up because I am still growing as well. In reality, it won't be long and the kid is only 8!
My favorite gift was a 7-day, all expenses paid trip to the Marriott Ko Olina Resort in Oahu, Hawaii the first week of April with my parents. My sister Debra will also be joining us. I only hope that I can stick to my New Year's Resolutions and lose enough weight before then so that I am not mistaken for a beached whale.

I hope that you had a fabulous Christmas and that 2010 will be a great year for all of you.

5 comments:

Mike and Alleen said...

I want to swap Christmas presents with you! I love my watch and all, but Hawaii sounds so much nicer!

Angela said...

Great post! Got to love my glasses -thanks to that lovely eye infection! I hadn't seen a picture of your hotel in Hawaii yet! Holy Moly! Now I am really jealous! Hope you have a great Sunday!

Taylor's said...

What a sweet vacation! Family and fun plus an awesome gift! Seriously - I am jealous!

Debra and Ryan said...

Oh, sooo much fun! I am already looking forward to next years Christmas break. But I am even more excited for Hawaii.
I really need to update my blog.

Hanson's said...

Hawaii! Sounds so warm and with air you can breathe (and not chew) So jealous!