"I love my house, I love my nest, in all the world, my nest is best."
P.S. If you have never ever read this book, you need to. One of my all-time favorites as a child, and still is today.
Well, it's official! I am no longer homeless..... and as of a couple minutes ago, I am once again a homeowner. (okay, technically the bank owns the home....but I guess you could say that I am the proud new owner of a mortgage payment). YAY!! Ü
A little background info for anyone out of the loop...........
For the past couple of years I have been thinking that I wanted to move...upgrade...get something a little newer, bigger, with an attached garage etc.
Everyone probably has a list of features for their "Dream Home." Well, when I bought my condo almost 11 years ago, I was a poor college student that was just tired of throwing my money away paying rent and was ready to buy something and start building equity. Needless to say, I couldn't afford a whole lot of my dream home features, but my little condo served me well for over a decade and many good times were had there. It was just time for a change, so I put it on the market. I had 3 offers in the first week that it was listed. I put most of my stuff in storage (I highly recommend PORTABOX, but will save that for another post), or sold it.
Fast forward 4 months.........I found a beautiful townhome on the Sandy/South Jordan border and can't wait to move in. Although it is a major improvement, I still do not have everything on my "dream home" list, but I love my little "CHATEAU ON THE RIVER"!
Call me crazy, but my favorite room in the whole house is the garage! I am so excited for my bike to no longer live in my bedroom, to not have to cart my groceries a 1/4 mile from my car, not have to scrape snow/ice off my car in the early mornings before work, to have extra storage space, etc.
Here are some pictures from the previous owners of the home:
![]() |
| Front door (Notice that they are UTAH fans. I think it was a sign that "This was the right place!") |
![]() |
| Main Floor Living Area (I LOVE all the windows and great views!) |
![]() |
| Dining/Kitchen |
![]() |
| Dining Room |
![]() |
| Master Bedroom |
![]() |
| Back Patio (I LOVE all the green space! You can see more of the extent of the green space in the Living Room picture.) |






3 comments:
so pretty- congrats! i love that great room, so beautiful with all those windows.
I love it! Congrats!
Can't wait for the grand tour!
Post a Comment