Thursday, July 19, 2007

TWO WEDDINGS AND A BAPTISM

Exciting.. My first official blog post!!
The last two weeks have been super fun. It all started on the 4th of July. My day-off began with me sleeping in, followed by some poolside reading. FABULOUS!! After a couple of hours at my pool I went with my parents to the airport to meet my sister Laura and her family who had just arrived from Oklahoma. From the airport we headed south to the Marriott Residence Inn out in Sandy where we met up with my for other sister Angela and her family who were also in town from Idaho Falls. We couldn't even get to our hotel because Sandy City had blocked off all of the streets surrounding our hotel for the Sandy City parade. We finally convinced some of the police officers to let us through so that we could get to our hotel. After dinner we just walked outside and had fabulous seats for the parade. The kids loved it and collected lots of candy, to their parents dismay. I had to work on Thursday morning, but that afternoon I met my mom and my 3 sisters at the Brickhouse Day Spa & Retreat for an afternoon of pampering.

Friday was the big wedding!! My baby sister, Debra, married Ryan S. Wing on 07-06-07. It was truly the wedding of a princess complete with a tiara and the horse and carriage.
There was the ceremony followed by pictures and ended with the wedding dinner. Friday night after the wedding we (everyone but the newlyweds) drove to Richfield.
Saturday was nasty in Richfield. The whole town was raining ash from the Milford Flat fire and the air was dark and kind of creepy. That afternoon my oldest niece, Halee, was baptized on her 8th birthday. She wanted to do it out here so that more of her family could be there.
Later that night I went to a wedding reception for Cody Quarnberg, a friend from high school. His dad is in the stake presidency with my dad. It was fun to see him. I probably haven't seen him in 10+ years.
I had to come back to SLC Sunday night to work. I left work on Wednesday afternoon to go back to Richfield and spend the rest of the week with my adorable nieces and nephews. Thursday we went swimming at the Salina pool. The kids loved the slide. My dad spent about an hour at the bottom just catching kids. Angela and her kids had to leave on Friday afternoon. On Saturday we took a picnic up the canyon to Monrovian Park and played in the stream. My dad made fishing poles (a stick with some string on it) for the girls and Jarrett loved throwing rocks in and watching them splash. I was nice to be able to cool off a tiny bit. Saturday night my mom and I went to see Harry Potter. (Didn't love it). It is becoming too dark and evil for my liking.
It is sooo much fun to spend time with my family. We have so much fun together.

*****Okay, so I am new at this and I think this entry might have too much unnecessary info that might have made it boring. I will work on this and try to do better next time. *****

2 comments:

Scullerina said...

I can't believe how fast you got yoru blog up and running. My sister left you a comment too. This blogging world is awesome.

Kimba said...

How fun is a horse and carriage?! You looked super cute too, loved the bright pink shirt! It sounds like you've had a great few weeks!