Sunday, June 22, 2008

"YOU'VE GOT MAIL"

Personally, I love this movie! Who didn't want so badly for Joe Fox & Kathleen Kelly to end up together in the end. Who knew that "shopgirl" and "ny152" would live happily ever after?
I have to admit that I was watching this movie recently and was remembering how much I love the ending. So, just before they are supposed to meet in the park, he walks her back to her apt and says:
"What if you hadn't been the Shop Around the Corner & I hadn't been Fox Books? I would have asked for you number. And I wouldn't have been able to wait an hour before calling you."
Then as she is waiting in the park and she realizes that Joe Fox is "ny152," she just starts crying and says, "I wanted it to be you so bad." and then they start to kiss........how cute is that!
I was bawling! And for those of you that know me.......I DON'T cry. I have decided that I can't watch chic flicks any more. They make me tooo sad.
I do understand that this is a movie and the fact that they fall in love and end up together was written in the script, but with that said.........
I have several friends that at the present time are trying to convince me that I should be doing the online dating thing. I did try this several years ago for a little over a year and due to several interesting experiences decided it wasn't for me.
Having cracked under the peer pressure I have begun to "dabble" once again. Here's hoping for my happily ever after, or at least to avoid any major psychos.
Maybe if I hurry and find me a nice boy (or a nice boy finds me) through conventional dating methods, I can stop with the modern day match-making (aka Internet Dating). Nothing would thrill me more!

5 comments:

Taylor's said...

Hang in there! There is one up most outstanding man waiting and praying for you to walk right into his arms! And believe you me, it will totally be HOT and we will all be jealous!!!

I have to say, many of our friends met through what they call their "mutual friend" the internet!

Ann Marie said...

Hang in there Trisha! I know it's easy for us to say that, but I know that Heavenly Father is definitely looking out for you! He loves you and will definitely not disappoint ya! Keep on keeping on! I have several friends who met married guys they met online...hmmm...I don't know...it is scary but also can work!

Hey, I tagged you on my blog under the six word memoir post. Tag, you're it!

Lara said...

Good luck! At least you are exploring all options, I am sure things will work out the way you want them!

Mike and Alleen said...

I love this movie! Life is never as romantic as a good chick flick. I am so happy to be in touch!!! You look great!

Heather said...

Trisha-It was so fun to see you on my blog. It's funny how we find old friends with this internet stuff. I can see that we are "kindred spirits" as Anne of Green Gables would say after reading this post...Though may I make a suggestion...as you are preparing to be a not so single white female I would suggest watching things like "Cheaper By The Dozen" or if you can find a movie entitled, "Not so Romantic Guy Who You Utterly Adore Anyway And 100 Ways to Get Nose Blood Out Of Carpets..." you know something to really prepare you for married life! Oh the single days, can't say I miss them, but how do you enjoy being able to pee without an audience? Is it as lovely as I remember? I have five eligable bachelors at my place...At least half of them are potty trained and I would love to have you in my family! I can offer red heads galore or if you are a bit more exotic I have a wicked cute Haitian son...Let me know! Good to catch up with you. Heather Friant