Thursday, July 24, 2008

MY AMAZING DAD!

My dad is AMAZING in sooooo many ways, but today I am focusing on my dad, the dedicated runner.
For as long as I can remember, my dad has been running marathons. He runs at home and on vacation. He runs in the scorching heat and the dead of winter. He runs on weekdays and Saturdays. "Rainy days and Mondays never get [him] down."

My parents came and stayed at my house last night so that my dad could wake up this morning at 2:30 and celebrate Pioneer Day by running 26.2 miles. I think that the only reason I have ever woken up that early (on purpose) is to make it to the airport for a nice vacation, and I only run if someone is chasing me or there is a cute boy up ahead.

If you have ever observed runners in a marathon (or any race), it is interesting to see how at the finish line some people look like they are about to die. Some even collapse the minute they cross the finish line. Then there are some people that look like they just started running. My dad is one of those. He always has a smile on his face and smiles and waves at the cameras.

How cute is he!

He might not be as fast as he once was, but his marathon pace now is faster than the time it takes me to just run one mile.
*Debra is the only one in our family that inherited the marathon gene. She is amazing too, but i'll save that for another post.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I too say HATS OFF TO DADDY-O! He has run three marathons this year. He is an inspiration to me to exercise, eat right and live a healthy lifestyle! Thanks for the pictures. Only wish I could have been there to cheer. Love, Ang

Taylor's said...

Go Rocky!

I thought about him all day on the 24th and wondered how he fared in the hot heat.

Congrats to your Dad, Trisha! Be sure to congratulate him again for us!

Emily said...

Can I just say...AMAZING! I just started running last year. I have only done two different 5k races to this point and my long-term goal is to do a marathon, but it really might take me until I'm your dad's age to train for it.

I love the fortune cookie story. I'll be crossing my fingers for ya!

Emily

Debra and Ryan said...

Our dad is cute! I am proud of him. Thanks for posting the pictures. I am glad that you were there to cheer him on. I wish I could have been there too! I miss you! -debra