Sunday, July 13, 2008

NOBODY DIED, AND THE HOUSE DIDN'T BURN DOWN...

This is a saying in my family that seems to put things in perspective when you think you are having a bad day.

Thursday night after work I went out to my 3 month old new car to go to the gym. I click my keyless entry to unlock my car and then proceed to open the car door. As I pull the handle, I hear a loud pop and then magically a large dent in the side of my car appears. (See below for visual aid - sorry for the glare) I was dumbfounded! I kept thinking this did not just happen and that this was just been a bad dream and I will wake up to go to work tomorrow morning and it will be just like new. No door ding.


It was the weirdest thing. It is not like Hulk Hogan was opening my car door...I have no muscles. I am a weakling.
So although I realize it is just a car and "nobody died and the house didn't burn down" it is a pretty nice dent. And after paying a large chunk of change for a car and only having it for 3 months, a large ding in the door (for no real reason) is kind of disheartening.
It is times like these that I really wish I had a husband or wish that dad lived closer, but fortunately I work with a great group of guys, many of which know a lot about cars.
One of my bosses thinks that a spot weld (metal braces welded to hold the door in it's shape?) went bad. He told me that I should take it to the dealer. He even volunteered to go with me.

I am supposed to take it in tomorrow for them to fix it, so hears hoping for a nice fix!

5 comments:

Taylor's said...

Holy crap!

I hope you are just down grading your temper because I would be not so nice! Way to keep your cool and your head.

Be sure to let us know what happens with the dealership!

Lisa said...

Hi Trisha!! I found your blog on Alleen's...
So crappy about the car thing - I hope all went well at the dealership...
I am SO EXCITED for you and your cruise!!! My mom and I made a pact that some day we would go on a Mediterranean cruise... I hope you post a ton of photos when you get back!

My blog: http://2sure.blogspot.com/

schaars said...

Hey girlie my dad told me about your car because my car had some weird door problems and is in the shop right now too! I was thinking for sure when I took mine in I would have to pitch a fit because they wouldnt want to pay to fix it, but to my surprise they are fixing it no problem! I am driving a rental and lets just say I want my car back! Hope it all goes well good luck!

Ash

Heather said...

Well now talk about hidden muscles that don't show when looking at you! I am looking forward to going out to visit when you are around and forget the drink I have 5 sons under 9 I need more than a break than that! Thanks also for the super sweet things you say. I don't know that you want to be me when you grow up but may I suggest marrying a guy just like the one I've got and filling your house full of kids....now that is worth emulating! Heather

Hanson's said...

Wow, crazy about the car. I did not see that in one of your fortune's - You will have good fortune shine on you - meaning they will fix the car, and all will be well. Can't wait to hear about the cruise. TTFN