Either. I do love hot chocolate, but never turn down egg nog. I do like to dilute egg nog just a bit with either milk or sprite.
Colored lights on the tree, or white?
White is really nice, but all of one color can look nice on a flocked tree, so I guess it depends....... but none of the multi-colored strands.
When do you put up your decorations?
Well, I don't have any up yet. I know, I know......It is just me here at my house and everytime I think about it it sounds like a lot of work and then if I don't put them up, I won't have any to take down and put away. Can we say LAZY! I usually do put them up although I only have one box. If it doesn't fit in that box, too bad. I don't have much room for storage. It really varies quite a bit from year to year, but I don't think they should ever go up before Thanksgiving.
What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Cheese balls and egg nog. (Does that count?)
Favorite Holiday memory as a child:
Oh, there are many... but this one was memorable. There are 4 girls in my family and I guess that one year my dad was really tired of always shopping for barbies, dolls, etc. so they decided to switch things up a bit. We had a "boy" Christmas. Among other things we got 4x4 stompers, a racecar track & video games. We LOVED it, but we were not happy that my dad kept stealing all of our toys to play with. That had never been a problem in the past.
When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I don't remember for sure, but I think I was over at my grandparent's house and my older sister slipped and accidently said something that confirmed it. But I don't think that I was really surprised. I think I had suspected something.
Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
We used to have the family party for my mom's side of the family on Christmas Eve or a day or two before. All the cousins drew names for presents and we got to open that present and any from my grandparents, etc. No I pretty much save them all for Christmas Morning.
How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
What tree?
Snow! Love it or dread it?
It depends.... I love it when it snows a bunch and then the sun comes out and dries up the roads. I think snow with sun is beautiful. I don't however enjoy driving in white knuckle conditions, but I don't know that I dread it. I do like my winter wardrobe better than that of the summer. I love layering with turtlenecks, sweaters, etc.
Can you ice skate?
I am going to go with a "no" on this one. If my life was dependant upon me straping blades to my feet and making it across a frozen lake, I could probably manage it, but no graceful triple toe loops or anything.
Do you remember your favorite gift?
Two that stand out were my two Cabbage Patch Kids......
Cheese balls and egg nog. (Does that count?)
Favorite Holiday memory as a child:
Oh, there are many... but this one was memorable. There are 4 girls in my family and I guess that one year my dad was really tired of always shopping for barbies, dolls, etc. so they decided to switch things up a bit. We had a "boy" Christmas. Among other things we got 4x4 stompers, a racecar track & video games. We LOVED it, but we were not happy that my dad kept stealing all of our toys to play with. That had never been a problem in the past.
When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I don't remember for sure, but I think I was over at my grandparent's house and my older sister slipped and accidently said something that confirmed it. But I don't think that I was really surprised. I think I had suspected something.
Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
We used to have the family party for my mom's side of the family on Christmas Eve or a day or two before. All the cousins drew names for presents and we got to open that present and any from my grandparents, etc. No I pretty much save them all for Christmas Morning.
How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
What tree?
Snow! Love it or dread it?
It depends.... I love it when it snows a bunch and then the sun comes out and dries up the roads. I think snow with sun is beautiful. I don't however enjoy driving in white knuckle conditions, but I don't know that I dread it. I do like my winter wardrobe better than that of the summer. I love layering with turtlenecks, sweaters, etc.
Can you ice skate?
I am going to go with a "no" on this one. If my life was dependant upon me straping blades to my feet and making it across a frozen lake, I could probably manage it, but no graceful triple toe loops or anything.
Do you remember your favorite gift?
Two that stand out were my two Cabbage Patch Kids......
I had (still have) a boy with curly blonde hair (Timothy Spencer) and a preemie girl (Jeanie Jerri).
I also received a pair of white Girbaud jeans one year. No only did I think I was cool wearing Girbaud jeans, but they were the best fitting pair of jeans I have ever had!
What's the most important thing about the holidays for you?
Spending time with family and remembering the birth of the Savior.
What is your favorite holiday dessert?
Pomegranate/Cinnamon Jello salad with real whipping cream.
Candy canes! Yuck or Yum?
YUM!
Ever recycled a Christmas present?
Guilty.
What's the most important thing about the holidays for you?
Spending time with family and remembering the birth of the Savior.
What is your favorite holiday dessert?
Pomegranate/Cinnamon Jello salad with real whipping cream.
Candy canes! Yuck or Yum?
YUM!
Ever recycled a Christmas present?
Guilty.
1 comment:
Trish! I miss you. Sorry I have been so bad at keeping in touch with you lately. Maybe we should all get together over the Christmas weekend. Are you going to Richfield this year? I loved reading your Christmas info, that was a good one. Your "boy" Christmas sounds awesome. You have some fun parents:)
Post a Comment