Sunday, December 7, 2008

"THE FORGOTTEN CAROLS"

Years ago I was given a CD of Michael McLean's "The Forgotten Carols." Although there are a couple of songs on the CD that I always skip (they kind of bug me), there are many that I love! I LOVE Christmas music and it was nice to have some "new" songs to add to my music library.
I also believe that music can bring a spirit that often words can not bring, try as they may.
Every year I kept telling myself that I was going to got to the performance of "The Forgotten Carols" and year after year, I got busy, never got around to finding someone to go with, etc. and I never went. So this year I was bound and determined to make it even if I even if I had to attend by myself.
This year I found a friend to go with and we went this last Thursday. It was a lot different than I had anticipated, but it was really good.
I am soooo grateful for people in this world that are blessed with great talent and that choose to share that talent with the world for us to enjoy. I would LOVE to be able to play the piano like Michael McLean.

3 comments:

Debra and Ryan said...

I agree with you that it was different than I expected. I have been three times and it is always the same. But you definitely need to go at least once! I can't wait to see you! -Debra

Taylor's said...

I loved the Forgotten Carols. I have been twice and I would go again just to feel the spirit of Christmas through all races, ages and religions again! Call me next time!

Emily said...

It is a very good one. The soundtrack is one of my faves (yes I too forward over a few).

Emily