The Austrailian Open tennis grand slam is currently under way "Down Under" and I have found myself, for the most part, planted on my couch from 5:30ish when I get home until 12:00 pm when the live coverage on ESPN2 ends (only to begin again at 1:30 am). I usually make myself turn off the TV and go to bed at midnight. In order to feel productive while wasting so much time in front of the television, I have once again dug out the knitting needles for a good cause.
Years ago some stake that I was in had a Stake Enrichment Super Saturday or something where I first learned about knitting or crocheting leprosy bandages for the Humanitarian Center of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I began thinking that this would be a good a way to still feel productive while watching television. Apparently the Church no longer needs these, but in searching for the pattern/specifications, I ran across the blog of a lady that collects them to send to a leper colony in vietnam http://leprosybandages.blogspot.com/
**I am also crocheting a baby blanket for a friend that is having a baby and knitting a scarf for my niece Jesika. Maybe I will post pictures when they are done. They are cuter than the leprosy bandages. (FYI: This picture is not of my bandages).
**I am also crocheting a baby blanket for a friend that is having a baby and knitting a scarf for my niece Jesika. Maybe I will post pictures when they are done. They are cuter than the leprosy bandages. (FYI: This picture is not of my bandages).
4 comments:
I am impressed! That is a lot of leprosy bandages. I am glad you are making good use of your time while enjoying the Australian Open. I am excited about Roddick and that Velasco guy that beat Tsonga last night. I think he's HOT!!
I had no idea that you had completed that many bandages. No wonder you are so fast at making scarfs! We got your b-day card for Jesi today. She loved the money! I will let you know what she spends it on! Thanks!
You are awesome Trish! I am a real couch potato. I don't do anything while I watch tv, except play my son's nintendo ds during the commercials:)
A productive couch potato! I like that...anyway you could come up with a "healthy chocoholic" plan?
Post a Comment