Sunday, September 20, 2009

VIVA LAS VEGAS

I just returned home from 3 days in Vegas with a former roommate. The trip was organized by a few SLC singles (including Don Osmond, son of Donny) to attend the Donny & Marie show at the Flamingo in Vegas.
We arrived in Vegas on Friday afternoon after having stopped in St. George for lunch at the Pizza Factory and a little bit of shopping at the outlets. Upon arriving, we went and did some people watching on the strip. Among the many Elvis's we saw, we even ran into Michael Jackson. He asked us where were were from and when we told him Utah he asked if we were Mormon. He then showed us his CTR ring. Who knew that MJ was LDS??? He was a little bit creepy, I'm not going to lie. Did Michael actually wear bright red lipstick??










We finished up the night with dinner at the "In 'N Out" that was right across the street from our Hotel
We spent Saturday at our hotel reading and relaxing by the pool. Soaking up some much needed VITAMIN D.

Then it was time for the big show. I am not as big of a fan as my friend, but they did put on a very entertaining show. I don't know how Marie dances around like she does all night in those heels she was wearing. For being "older" those 2 can still move. Afterwards, our group had a picture taken with Donny & Marie. (I can post it when I get it).




























































Too bad we don't have a few more days to play at the pool. That job thing always seems to get in the way.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

All the food sounded yummy - maybe because it is dinner time here! I also could use a Saturday at that pool glad you had a great time! Love, Ang

Emily said...

Looks like you have a lot of fun trips. I could seriously use some of that R&R!

Scullerina said...

Nice Post! What a fun weekend. I wish we were chillin poolside today :)

Kristi said...

We saw that same MJ in Vegas. He showed us is CTR Ring too. That answers my question "Is MJ Mormom" We also went to the "This is It" movie and MJ was there and that one was Mormom to. Look Out!