A week ago Saturday I received the "dreaded phone call."
Caller: "Sister Jordan?"
Me: "Yes, this is she."
Caller: "The Bishop would like to meet with you tomorrow morning at 9:50, can you make it?"
Ugghhh! Not only did this call wake me up, but all of the possibilities for a new calling started going through my mind. There are some doosies that I want to try and stay away from. I will not mention any of them by name in fear of that coming back to bite me later.
I retired from the singles ward scene and had been at a home ward now for 3 months. I was called to do the RS Newsletter once a month. A great calling, might I add. I suppose it is like life on a mission. When you have a companion that you really get along well with, you only get to be companions for one, maybe two months. My newsletter calling was too good to last for more than 2 months.
Okay, so enough of the suspense.......I was called to be the Primary Secretary.
I am really excited. I have never served in the primary before. I can't wait to get to know all of the children. We have an interesting situation where our primary is combined with the primary of another ward, so I will be keeping track of the kids from 2 different wards. I am going to have to brush up on my primary songs and learn some new ones. It has been a LONG time since I was in primary last.
2 comments:
Yeah!!!! Congrats on the calling! I really love primary, the kids are so much fun! I teach the CTR A class (I think...4 - 5 yr olds..) now, and it's been fun. :) Can't wait to hear all the fun stories, I KNOW you'll have some! :)
Glad to see a new post. Keep the udpates coming. Primary is lucky to have you!
Post a Comment