Tuesday, June 10, 2008

AMUSEMENT PARKS, ROLLERSKATES & A BROKEN TOE

This last weekend was packed full of fun and many flashbacks to some awesome childhood memories thanks to the best parents in the world!


It started out with my sister flying in from OK with her 3 kids.
My parents and I met them at the airport and then we drove up to the Hilton in Layton where they were all staying. That night we went to dinner and swimming with the girls.

Friday the whole fam-damily met at Lagoon for a day of fun. The weather was a little cool, but we all had a good time.
As kids, we looked forward every summer to go to Lagoon on Stake Lagoon Day and we would stay until the park closed.
Halee was hilarious. She would want to go on all of these rides, but then she would put her hands over her eyes and just repeat, "Why am I doing this, I am never doing this again, just tell me when it's over." It reminded me of how Angela (2 years older than me) would never go on any of the crazy rides, but I loved them. I would go with my dad. There were even some of the rides that I wasn't tall enough to ride and I would stand on my dad's toes so that I could ride them. Halee is almost 2 years older than Carlee but Carlee is the fearless one and Halee was FREAKED out even on the ferris wheel. I still love the crazy rides, but now that I am older I need a serious dose of Dramamine before embarking on most of the rides.
On Saturday Debra, Laura her kids & I took another stroll down memory lane. We spent a couple of hours at the Sandy Fun Center (formerly know as Classic Skating).

Many hours were spent there as a child, learning how to rollerskate, going to birthday parties, daddy-daughter dates, etc. I must say that although I was a pretty good skater back in the day, I am not so good now. Also, it is much more difficult trying to skate when you are trying to hold up a child that has never been on skates before. My dad is awesome. I think there were times when he was skating while holding up and skating with more than one of us.
There is a lot more to do there now. THE JUNGLE was awesome! You can climb all over inside and there is a zip line, a rope swimg, a pool of balls (crocodile pit), magic carpet, etc. There is even a high bridge (monkey crossing) you have to cross to get to the other side of the jungle.
Halee is terrified of heights. She barely made it across the first time, and then she found out that there was only one way out and she would have to go over it again to get out. She instructed us that in order for her to go back across Debra had to be in front and then Carlee and then I had to be right behind her and I had to promise I would give her $1 million if she fell, in order to get her across.
We also played on the blow-up toys/slides as well as the arcades.....my favorite being skee-ball. Then the two girls got to pick prizes to buy with all of the arcade tickets we won.

As for the "broken toe..." If you notice in some of the pictures from the Jungle the nylon straps are woven. By the rope swing there is a green slope that you slide down to get to the rope swing. As I was so gracefully trying to keep my nephew from getting plowed over by the bigger kids in the jungle, my baby toe got caught as I continued sliding. My toes and the surrounding area on my foot just below my baby toe were black & blue and it hurts to even walk. I am told that if I can move my toe it is not broken. So, I guess it is not broken. It was definitely injured but well worth it!

5 comments:

Ann Marie said...

Wow! How fun! It is fun to do things that you used to do as a child. That's neat that your sister was able to come out there with her kids, what fun. Continue to have a great summer!
I also hope that little toe gets feeling better soon and heals fast! That hurts!

Deidra said...

What fun! We love The Classic, we usually get a summer pass and then everything is $1 all summer long. The water slide is our fave! I can't wait for summer to be here so we can swim. Hope the toe feels better!

Taylor's said...

Wow! I never knew there was all of that in the "classic skating"! It has been quite a while since I was there. Thanks for the great info. I think I will take the girls there this week!

And for the toe, I totally know how you feel; it hurts something awful and there is nothing you can do for it. Ice and rest, good luck!

Lara said...

Looks like so much fun! You have a fun family. I think it is great you get together so often and have fun. I bet your nieces and nephews love you to pieces!

Amy B. said...

Sounds like fun Trisha...I love all of the pictures of your fam...