Thursday, July 31, 2008

ENLISTING YOUR HELP

I have a dilema that I need your help with.
If you don't already know, in September I will be touring Europe and the Greek Isles/Turkey via a luxury cruise ship. I have wanted to find a very comfortable pair of walking shoes for the trip but don't want to be wearing socks & shoes. Therefore my search for a nice, comfortable sandal began. Without really knowing where to begin, I visited the local REI establishment. In talking with the friendly shoe sales associate, the Chacos came highly recommended from his personal exerience as well as being one of only 2 shoes that REI carries that has the Seal of Approval from the "Feet People of America" (American Podiatric Medical Association if you want to get technical). They have a really nice arch, and also, if you don't know about Chacos, the strap is one continuous piece and so it tightens down to custom fit your foot.
After trying on a couple of styles, I narrowed it down to the ZX/2 (double strap) or the Z/2 (single strap). I like the toe strap. I don't know that I am completely convinced that the Chaco is "my shoe," but I don't know if there is a better option out there for me??
Here are pictures of the two styles & colors that I narrowed it down to.
I am such a girl and don't know which ones would match better with the majority of clothing options. These kind of have brown tones and with the black sole they should match with blacks and browns. Does this matter?
If you know me at all, you know that I REALLY struggle in making most decisions, so here is where I need your help.
No pressure, but if you have an opinion and so choose to share it, post a comment answering these 2 questions:

1. Shoe/Style
A. CHACOS - Z/2 (Single Strap - left)
B. CHACOS - ZX/2 (Double strap - right)
C. Other shoe/brand, etc. (feel free to elaborate)
D. Who cares.....You are WAY overthinking this

2. Color (You can click on the links on question #1 for other color options.)
The 2 styles don't come in the same colors. If a color is liked better than another, that might be sufficient reason to pick a certain style.
A. Jupiter is the Z/2 shown on the left (mauve & brown stripes)
B. Biscotti is the ZX/2 shown on the right
C. Basic Black
D. Who cares......You are WAY overthinking this

I need to decide here in the next week so that I can get them broken in before the big trip. Thanks for your help.

8 comments:

Amy B. said...

The shoe on the left just like it is...same color...

Taylor's said...

I like the double strap and the color shown on the right; but if you ask me I love my Keen Newport H2 Sandals!

I would or could not go anywhere with out them; I don't know about the whole "seal of approval" but I LOVE them! I hike in them, walk in them, go to church in them (did I really just admit that) and pretty much sleep with them on my feet! Here is the link back the REI website (and I am sure you saw them there and probably on my feet): http://www.rei.com/product/707627

Good luck picking!

Deidra said...

I too like the left, color as is. A little more stylish if you ask me. Price would also be a option if it was me, but since you didn't mention it I will assume you don't care how much they are. Anyway, good luck, I usually have to see every option out there before I can decide also, so I feel your pain.
D

Hanson's said...

I like the double strap version, as is. I am a brown kind of person, and rarely wear black. My favorite shoe/brand is Born. They are super comfy, and are soft. I wear them everywhere, even to church. You know that I don't wear shoes/socks very often. Never if I can help it. Good luck with your choice. Thanks for your help the other day. TTFN.

Hanson's said...

That is hard finding shoes with small feet. In my family the feet go the other direction, and we can't find big enough shoes. Good luck with your quest.

Terra said...

I think I like the double strap in the color you have shown or in the green color (phosphor?). However, if you pick the other ones, go with the basil color. I don't think you can go wrong, they are both cute. Good luck!

wooties! said...

Only get the Chacos if you promise to wear mid-ankle socks with them.. That's pure hip. :)

Heather said...

I hope this does not in any way damper our budding friendship but even after looking I still can't tell how they are different....I think I was destined to be the mother of 5 boys....Heather