In Naples, we had signed up for a shore excursion to go and see the ruins of Pompeii. Our tour guide was Louisa. We had radios with earphones that we could hear her commentary while walking around. I learned alot on this trip.....you are probably smarter than I am and probably already knew all of this.
Pompeii was an ancient city that was burried in 7 meters (22 feet) of ash from the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius in 79 A.D. and then discovered in 1748. I think there are 66 acres of which 44 acres have been uncovered, or something like that. I loved that the busiest part of the ancient city was the Brothel that had erotic paintings on the walls. Most people could not read and so they had pictures drawn to show the patrons what services were available. Hmmmm??? And we wonder why the city was destroyed. Maybe not a coincidence??



No comments:
Post a Comment