Thursday, October 16, 2008

ROME, ITALY

Once again we had about an 1 1/2 bus ride into Rome. Our tour guide on the bus was Francesca. We were doing Rome on our own, like we did in Florence. The bus dropped us off at St. Peter's square. When we got there the Pope was out speaking to a large group. From there we took off towards the Spanish Steps, then to the Trevi Fountain, the Pantheon and then back to St. Peters Square. At St. Peter's square we got in line for tickets to the Vatican museum/Sistine Chapel/St. Peter's Basilica. It was neat to see, but I felt like a cow in a cattle shoot trying to move through narrow corridors surrounded by thousands of others. Good thing I am not clautrophobic. I even got a picture of me by what I thought was the "Mouth of Truth." Rome was fun because I love the movie "Roman Holiday" with Audrey Hepburn & Gregory Peck.

3 comments:

Deidra said...

It looks nice and warm! I love the shoes! Did you eat tons of gelato? I hope so. I am jealous.

Anonymous said...

NIce blog! to those who will be inspired by it to follow your steps to Rome I suggest to look into vacation rentals in rome to start planning your trip by finding and accommodation in the area of town you like best...ciao

schaars said...

Have I told you yet how JEALOUS I am! Rome was amazing we didn't get to see the Sis Chapel it closed for the day right before we got there. I hope I make it back there one day!